Sunday, November 6, 2016

PAX roundup

Well PAX is done for 2016, and it was fantastic.  Welcome to those of you joining this blog for the first time- was great meeting you!
My next event is CANCON 2017- I shall be around in some form or another (probably a solid, maybe a liquid).
It was wonderful being a judge, picking the top fifteen minis of the show.  So inspiring seeing hundreds of versions of the same figures- people are very creative.  Turelio and myself will be stealing some ideas for our versions!

I walked away with a warband of mushroom men, a spider demon queen, Orcus (in memory of Jack), a tardis, cybermonkey, lizardman, elf rogues, familliars, stone golem and some pathfinder figures.


 My new official Pathfinder society figure is an elf rogue.  So knives!  Very sneaky!  Much acrobats!  Wow!  She will be boosted firmly up the paint queue.  She kicked much ass in a near TPK con game!

So nice to reconnect to my hobby after being so down.  Thanks everyone for all the positive energy!


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time and are feeling more chipper. Those mushroom men look like fun guys, I always liked the Erol Otus illustrations in the Slave Lords module.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancon2017, try Plasma rather than liquid. Yes must see sneaky elf rogue soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not hot enough to remain in plasma state long. Usually I only get that hot and unstable when in government queues.

      Delete
  3. Hi Delaney, it was a huge pleasure to meet you in person at PAX. Lovely to have a chat and get to see something you'd painted the flesh. Still impressed by what you got done with those dodgy brushes haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you. Now you can read my blogs with my voice in your head! Spooooky.

      Delete